Your home is more than just a roof and four walls – it also houses all your precious possessions and memories.
Every possession is valuable – whether we rely on them to keep our lives running smoothly or simply to make us more comfortable. We understand the importance of your personal possessions. That's why we offer home contents insurance that gives you peace of mind your possessions will be repaired or replaced if they're stolen or damaged.
Our comprehensive and competitive premiums give you a range of benefits. Plus, we also offer buildings insurance, which can be taken out as a combined policy or separately from your home contents insurance policy.
Why choose our home contents insurance policy?
There are all sorts of benefits with our home contents insurance policy, including:
- New for old replacements, so you can replace damaged or stolen goods with new equivalents if they're beyond repair. This excludes clothing and household linen over three-years old
- Cover for accidental damage to electrical equipment, such as televisions, computers, and DVD players
- Cover for damaged food in any refrigerator or deep freezer on your property, up to £1,000
- Identity theft assistance – you'll get a dedicated case manager to give you expert advice and support if someone steals or exploits your private details
- Alternative accommodation if you can't stay in your home due to an event you're insured for, up to 20 percent of your maximum claim limit.
Are there any optional extras?
You can also take out a number of optional extras with your home contents insurance. They're available for an additional premium and include:
- Extended accidental damage cover, for example spilling red wine on your carpet
- Cover for high-risk items worth more than £1,500, such as jewellery, watches and artwork
- Cover for bicycles when they're padlocked to an immovable object, up to £5,000.
Terms and conditions apply. You can find full details in our policy documents.